Friday 12 September 2014

Music Video Treatment


Treatment:

Artist: You me at Six
Track title: Lived a Lie
Director: Jasmine Ewart

Summary: This music video tells the story of a young girl who feels as though she is 'living a lie' and pretending to be someone she is not. By the end of the video her look changes a lot and you see her more comfortable to express herself. You see the journey she goes through, and you also see shots of the band singing the song as though they are telling us her story.

This video will be mainly focused on a young girl, where at the start of the video she appears to be a very normal teenager, with her hair and makeup done nicely, her clothes are feminine and typical of girls her age.
You see her then begin to look much more upset, and more angry, she then begins to take off her makeup, and let her hair down. These shots will be in slow motion, I will use the adobe premiere elements editing software on the computers to get this effect, to show the shots almost as unreal, and to show the contrast to the next shots which will be of her running through a field, showing her to be much more free, and dressed in different clothes looking more comfortable.



Throughout the whole video there will be shots of the band playing the song. It will be almost as though they are telling the story of the girl as you see her go through it. I will also incorporate some shots of the band outside, even if they are not playing any instruments, as it will bring together the band and the girl through the audience seeing them in the same setting, even if it is at different times during the video. Some of the shots of the band will be in black and white, which is something I will achieve through editing the shots on the computer after filming them.



In the shots one of the main focuses will be the mise-en-scene, for example in the shots of my female character outside in the fields, I want to do it in the evening so that it is fairly dark, and make 2 lines of tea lights the form a path for her to walk through, as well as some of her reading a book. And in the shots of my band I will include instruments and costume to make it look more realistic. The costume will be a very important part in telling the story for both the girl, and for the band. The costume is a very significant part of the story the female character goes through, going from very typical and feminine, to much more alternative and individual. For the band I want their clothes to reflect the look of a real band so that people find it more believable.



My method for making this video will be to first storyboard the shots so that I can be accurate with my filming and know what I need to get done, as well as making it easier to organise when and where I need to film. Following this I will film my band and my main female character separately and out the shots together when it comes to editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment